Thursday, February 12, 2015

Different Strokes For Different Folks

A lot of people refer to me as "Fancy"...hence the name of the blog. However, I don't think of myself as the definition of "fancy". I just like what I like and I'm unapologetic about it. Why should I apologize for enjoying the spoils of my labor? No one should. Shoot, Beyonce didn't apologize for taking a year off to enjoy her life. Hmph!

I am not a person who brags, when I talk about something, it's because I am genuinely excited about it. When people are excited about what they have going on in their lives, I get excited too. I do partake in some luxuries and I invite people in my life to enjoy them with me. I am appreciative of my blessings. I try to point out blessings in people's lives when they feel down. I know that at a moment's notice everything can be taken away. Appreciating what you have leads to increase. Of course, there are things I am striving toward but I am also secure in knowing that what is for me is for me. I don't wish I had what someone else has and I hope that people do not look at my life wishing that they had what I have. Please believe, my life ain't been no crystal stair. I'm just smiling through it all and crying in private. There are also things and activities that I prefer to not partake in. That is not to say that I am above or better than, it's just not my preference. Sorry. Not sorry.

I am simply enjoying life. I don't do it for the Vine or Instagram Grammy awards. I live my life for my own pleasure. Some of it is entertaining, so I post it for a few to be entertained as well. Some times I feel like things in my life can add value to someone else's life, so I share. There is never any judgement, on my part, of people who have different preferences than I do. No matter how you slice the pie, there is always gonna be someone who just prefers broccoli. And that's ok. Imagine how boring the world would be if we were all
doing the exact same things.

I want everyone to win. Of course, I want you to win with me and be on my team but everything ain't for everybody. Believe me. I'm cool with that. I still what to celebrate your success with you. When people choose not to partake in what I have to offer, I am still supportive of what they are pursuing. If I see where there is room for improvement, I do my best to try to help them improve or at least point them in the right direction. If they choose not to take my advice, that's fine too. I ain't always right and I know that I don't know all sides of the story because I'm looking at it from the outside.

No harm. No foul. What's for me is for me. What's for you is for you. There is enough out here for all of us to be successful with whatever we decide to do. I am always willing to lend a helping hand when I can and support other people's efforts.

Working with us at Fancy Free, LLC. will help provide a vehicle for you to live life how you want, as well as tools to help others do the same. Text WOODS to 55469 or visit www.fancyfreellc.com.

No comments: